Below are a series of 116 questions that you may answer for bonus XP in lieu of submitting a backstory. If you answer the questions marked in bold, you will receive 1 addition XP. For every additional 30 questions you answer after that (your choice), you will receive an additional XP (up to a cumulative 3 XP).
If you have previously submitted a backstory and have received less than 3 XP for it, you may answer the survey for additional XP (using any combo of 30 questions per XP earned). Your cumulative total of bonus XP from both your backstory and the survey, however, will not exceed 3 XP, no matter how many questions you answer.
Submit your answers to sts AT unmasqued DOT com
DOC version of this survey [click to download]
1. What is your real, birth name? What name do you use?
2. Do you have a nickname? What is it, and where did you get it?
3. What do you look like? (Include height, weight, hair, eyes, skin, apparent age, and distinguishing features)
4. How do you dress most of the time?
5. How do you "dress up?"
6. How do you "dress down?"
7. What do you wear when you go to sleep?
8. Do you wear any jewelry?
9. In your opinion, what is your best feature?
10. What's your real birth date?
11. What is your haven like? Describe it: Is it messy, neat, avant-garde, sparse? Is it a place you enjoy spending a great deal of time?
12. Do you own a car or other vehicle? Describe it.
13. What is your most prized possession? Why do you value it so much?
14. What one word best describes you?
15. What was your mortal family like?
16. Who was your father, and what was he like?
17. Who was your mother, and what was she like?
18. What was your parents marriage like? Were they married? Did they remain married?
19. Did you have any siblings? Were they older or younger than you? What were they like?
20. Did you have a spouse or partner? What were they like?
21. Did you have any children? What were they like? If not, did you wish you had had children?
22. What's the worst thing one of your siblings ever did to you? What's the worst thing you've done to one of your siblings?
23. When's the last time you saw any member of your family? Where are they now? Can you assume that they are dead?
24. Did you ever meet any other family members who made a significant impact on you? Who were they? What did you think of them?
25. What is your first memory?
26. What was your favorite toy?
27. What was your favorite game?
28. Any non-family member adults stick out in your mind? Who were they, and how did you know them? Why do they stick out?
29. Who was your best friend when you were growing up?
30. What is your fondest, childhood memory?
31. What is your worst childhood memory?
32. Did you have any adolescent romances? Do you remember them fondly or not? How did they end?
33. It is common for one's view of authority to develop in their adolescent years. What is your view of authority, and what event most affected it?
34. What is your favorite memory from adolescence?
35. What is your worst memory from adolescence?
36. When and how were you Embraced? What was it like? Did you have any idea what was going on beforehand?
37. Who is your Sire? What are they like? Did you know them prior to the Embrace? What is your current relationship with them?
38. How did you react to the Embrace psychologically? What were your thoughts at the time?
39. Did you suffer any immediate frenzy at the time of Embrace? Did you accidentally (as is common) kill any vessels you fed off of? If so, how do you feel about that?
40. If you could go back in time and prevent yourself from being Embraced, would you?
41. Do you still maintain a mortal occupation? If so what is it, and what is it like? Are there any complications due to you having to work at night? If no job, where does your money come from?
42. If you have a job, what is your boss or employer like? (Or publisher, or agent, or whatever.)
43. If you have a job, What are your co-workers like? Do you get along with them? Any in particular? Which ones don't you get along with?
44. What is something you had to learn that you hated?
45. What efforts, if any, do you go through to avoid the attention of mortals regarding your condition?
46. Do you have any ghouls or mortal retainers? If so, what are they like? How do you treat them? What is your general attitude towards ghouls?
47. How where and upon whom do you feed? How do you generally feel about feeding? Are there any sort of vessels you have a preference for?
48. How do you feel about your Clan? How do you generally treat your Clanmates?
49. How do you feel about your Sect? How do you generally treat your Sectmates? Are there any other Sects that hold appeal to you?
50. How do you feel about you inability to be active in the day?
51. What do you use you Disciplines for on a general basis? How has your life changed with the availability of your new powers?
Likes & Dislikes
52. What hobbies do you have?
53. Who is your closest mortal friend, if any? Describe them and how you relate to them.
54. Who is your closest Kindred/Cainite friend? Describe them and how you relate to them.
55. Who is your worst mortal enemy, if any? Describe them and why you don't get along.
56. Who is your worst Kindred/Cainite enemy? Describe them and why you don't get along.
57. What sort of music do you enjoy? Are there any particular groups or artists you would consider among your favorites?
58. Do you watch movies? If so, what's been your favorite movie of all time? If not, how do you feel about film in general?
59. Do you watch Television? If so, what do you watch? If not, how do you feel about Television in general?
60. Read any good books? What were they?
61. Do you still hang out with any mortal friends or companions, if so what type of places do you hang out in?
62. What type of places do you hang out in with your Kindred/Cainite friends?
63. What annoys you more than anything else?
64. What would be the perfect gift for you?
65. What's the most beautiful thing you've ever seen?
66. What kind of weather is your favorite?
67. Did you have any favorite food or drink as a mortal? Do you still miss it in any way?
68. What's your favorite animal? Why?
69. Do you have any pets? Are they ghouled?
70. What do you find most relaxing? (Not as in stress relief, but as something that actually calms you down.)
71. What habit that others have annoys you most?
72. What kind of things embarrass you? Why?
73. What don't you like about yourself?
Sex, Intimacy and Blood Bonds
74. Would you consider yourself heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, or (as may make sense for Cainites/Kindred) asexual? Why?
75. Who was the first person you had sex with? When did it happen? What was it like? How well did it go?
76. What is your general attitude toward sex now that it is no longer physically stimulating? Do you miss human sexuality? Are you repulsed by it?
77. How do you feel about the Kindred/Cainite mechanics of the Kiss? Do you associate it with sex? Do you consider it a substitute?
78. Do you still have any interest in romance? If so, do you still consider sexual intimacy to be a component of romantic relationships?
79. Describe the perfect romantic partner for you.
80. How do you feel in general about blood bonds?
81. Have you ever been blood bound before? If so to whom, and to what degree? Are you still Bound? What is your relationship with your Regnant?
82. Have you ever blood bound another before? If so whom, and to what degree? Are they still Bound? What is your relationship with your Thrall?
83. What was your most recent relationship like? Who was it with?
84. What's the worst thing you've done to someone you loved?
85. What's the worst thing that's been done to you by someone you loved?
86. What one act in your past are you most ashamed of? What one act in your past are you most proud of?
87. What do you feel most strongly about?
88. What do you pretend to feel strongly about, just to impress people?
89. What trait do you find most admirable, and how often do you find it?
90. Do you have any feelings in general that you are disturbed by? What are they? Why do they disturb you?
91. What is your religious view of things? What religion, if any, do you call your own?
92. Do you think the future is hopeful? Why?
93. What's the worst thing that can be done to another person? Why?
94. What's the worst thing you could actually do to someone you hated?
95. What is your responsibility to the world, if any? Why do you think that?
96. Is it okay for you to cry? When was the last time you cried?
97. Do you still attempt to retain your Humanity as a vampire? If so, how do you attempt to do so?
98. Do you follow a Path of Enlightenment? If so, how did you come upon that Path? How do you feel about those who retain their Humanity?
99. What do you think now of being a vampire? Do you miss being human at all? What does the state of vampiric existence mean to you, if anything?
100. How do you regard humanity? How do you feel regarding the fact you must feed of of humans?
101. What is your relationship to your Beast?
102. Do you believe in the myth of Caine? Why?
103. Do you believe in the existence of the Antediluvians or the coming of Gehenna? When do you think Gehenna may be coming? Why?
104. How do you feel about diablerie? Have you ever committed diablerie before?
105. What is the thing that has frightened you most? Do you think there is anything out there that's scarier than that? What do you think that would be?
106. Has anyone or anything you've ever cared about died? How did you feel about it? What happened?
107. What was the worst injury you've ever received? How did it happen?
108. What do you generally have in your pockets on any given night?
109. What is your current long term goal?
110. What is your current short term goal?
111. Do you have any bad habits? If so, what are they, and do you plan to get rid of them?
112. If you woke up one morning, and found you were a mortal again, retaining none of the curse or benefits of vampirism, what would you do?
113. How private of a person are you? Why?
114. What would you wish for if you could have any one wish granted?
115. What do you do when you are bored?
116. What is the most frightening potential handicap or disfigurement you can conceive of? What makes it so frightening?