Rumors for February 2, 2007
- The Daily Dirge [.doc]: Mysterious Killer Commits Suicide When Faced with Police Capture; George Clooney Accuses US of Causing Iraqi Birth Defects with Depleted Uranium Dumping; Scientists Called in to Debunk Darkwater “Miracle”
- Super Amazingly Truthful Awesome News [.jpg]: Street Devil Strikes!; Destructicon Destroys Home!
Sect and Clan
- Camarilla: Montreal Taken by Camarilla! (Sect is equal Camarilla and Status ≥ 2): The formerly Sabbat held city of Montreal has been stormed by Camarilla forces and has been effectively claimed as Domain for the Sect in a sweeping blow similar to the 1999 battle for New York. An influx of new Camarilla are expected to set upon the city, and an interim Princeship should be established soon.
- Camarilla: Di Zagreb Upstaged (Sect is equal Camarilla and Status ≥ 3): In the aftermath of the successful raid on Montreal, a minor meeting between Justicars Anastez di Zagreb and Jaroslav Paschek took place with di Zagreb apparently leaving quite upset.
There are vague rumors that he may prematurely be leaving the Justicariate before the next election of Justicars.
- Camarilla: Pascheck's Dog (Sect is equal Camarilla and Status ≥ 4): One of the points of contention between Paschek and di Zagreb apparently involves a Malkavian in Paschek's service who had acquired information for the Montreal raid which was later used to upstage di Zagreb's efforts.
Di Zagreb apparently is infuriated with the individual in question, whose name is not being widely circulated. Whoever he is, he has been effectively blocked as a candidate for the interim princeship of Montreal, after di Zagreb brought up some rather biting points regarding him.
- Camarilla: The Shadow Over Evans (Sect is equal Camarilla and Status ≥ 9): The Malkavian that Paschek had set up as both a commander and a spy for Montreal, Hadrian Evans, was denied a shot at the Princeship of the fledgling city, after di Zagreb publicly brought to attention his outstanding debts to a Lasombra Antitribu, whom many have come to presume holds him in thralldom. (Nobody in their right mind wants any of the Keepers casting a shadow over their city.)
Evans is enraged but silent on the matter. Apparently Paschek is also displeased.
- Sabbat: Montreal Lost to the Camarilla! (Sect is equal Sabbat and Status > 2): The formerly Sabbat held city of Montreal has been stormed by Camarilla forces and has been effectively claimed as Domain for the Sect in a sweeping blow similar to the 1999 battle for New York. Several packs have been driven from the region and are reported to be headed to the States.
Cardinal Phillipe Montreaux of Quebec is under heavy fire for this unexpected loss.
- Lasombra: The Shadow Over Montreal (Clan is equal Lasombra and Status > 2): Montreal is drawing a great deal of Sabbat attention as Montreaux struggles to formulate a plan to reclaim it. Interestingly enough, there are rumors of the Lasombra signature discipline being used on the battlefield... by Camarilla forces. Rumors of a loose antitribu, or worse yet a Camarilla member trained by one, run rampant.
The Friends are calling vehemently for the torturous death of whomever is responsible for this.
- Oncoming Woe! (Personal for Layla Reese): Not only has all your money been stolen...
Not only has everyone in town suddenly decided that Daemon's is the crappiest club in town and they hate it... leaving you with near zero customers...
Not only did an electrical fire in the club's main room cause damage to the apartments upstairs and render them unlivable...
But now 3/4 of the tenants are getting ready to sue to for negligence. The residents of 2303 Adam Clayton Powell Blvd (Amanda Simon, and Alex and Alyssa Green) are apparently quite upset.
Also, you haven't been getting any mail for the past two weeks.
- Dream Before Waking (Personal for Leon Gorski): Lost Horse
- Dream Before Waking (Personal for Rain Dylan Morgan): Rabbits
- Bureaucracy x3: A wing of Columbia University Medical center, previously fumigated for a rodent problem, has been found to be structurally unstable due to massive termite problems that the fumigation team uncovered and is to be condemned.
- Church x1: Word of the miracle occurring at Dominican nun Christine Darkwater's death is spreading like wildfire. Apparently a dogwood tree outside her window bloomed at the moment she died.
Darkwater was arrested for a string of arson/murders back in September. Those who believed in Darkwater's innocence have taken this as a sign of her beatific status.
- Church x2: Apparently an unknown patron has donated a large amount of money to a women's shelter in Christine's name, and sent flowers to her funeral. He also took steps to ensure that she was buried with her sword.
Meanwhile some sort of bizarre Internet phenomenon surrounds the video footage of Christine's death (which was leaked to YouTube by a now fired hospital employee), numerous sites claim that the footage shows a second figure in the room, and make claims of paranormal involvement. These have all thoroughly been debunked. However, it is generally understood that Darkwater spoke for the first time since her arrest before dying.
- Church x4: "I know why he stayed my hand."
These were Christine Darkwater's last words. There has been much speculation upon them since her death, and few have been able to make any sense of them. Those who believe in her innocence claim that these indicate that she wasn't ultimately involved in the slayings.
- Church x5: The Cenacle of St. Jude has been declared heretical by the Censorship within the Society and is under inquiry.
Abbé Ferdinand St. John is to be found as soon as possible and put to interrogation. The group is to withdraw from the city, in actuality this time, should any other members be found alive. The Society will cease operations temporarily to investigate.
Ferdinand is not expected to survive his impending dismissal.
- Church x6: Abbé Ferdinand St. John is suspected of the Florentine Heresy and is to be condemned for it as quickly as possible. It is believed that his actions have proved responsible for the eventual destruction of the Cenacle he led, and he is to be held accountable for its loss.
It is said that he failed to perform the auto de fe, and willfully hid, sheltered, and aided an agent of the enemy. The Society will not stand for this. Death has been ordained for him.
- Church x7: The creature in question that Ferdinand saved is believed to be a vampire. The former Abbé is to be apprehended... perhaps later this evening, in fact, at the group's Cenaculum near New Jersey.
- Finance x3: Wu Industries has arranged a meeting with CUMC to completely fund the renovation of a condemned wing of a hospital building. The major negotiation point is the establishment of a small private research lab owned by Wu Industries in the renovated wing focused primarily on the long-term effects of psychotropics.
- Finance x5: The Church of Scientology continues its vendetta against Emanuel James Richardson IV, and are reportedly interested in his financial holdings (looking into them through legal means, of course).
- Health x1: The body of a homicide suspect who committed suicide by impaling himself on a wooden stake when surrounded by police, was taken to the local coroner's office last week. Without warning, the body burst into flames the next morning when it was taken out for examination.
Meanwhile, researchers continue to look heavily into the effects of xylothanamenic acid (the active chemical in sempreverde), as it is seemingly very easy to plant hypnotic suggestions in people under the influence of the drug. This is in reaction to a recent wave of Lucasta sightings throughout NYC which bear an eerie resemblance to "Devil's Thursday." They suspect that "Lucasta" may be using some sort of chemical to induce hallucinogenic visions of his person.
- Health x2: Ward's Island hospital employee Eric Been has been fired for releasing footage of Christine Darkwater's death on the Internet. The video apparently contained several strange images in the recurring static that have led conspiracy theorists to believe that some sort of supernatural phenomena were at work in Christine's death.
- Health x3: People are flocking to Ward's Island Hospital for the Criminally Insane to witness the dogwood tree growing outside of the room previously inhabited by the now dead arsonist, Christine Darkwater. It apparently bloomed within the hour of her death and has continued to bloom since, even in the winter. The hospital is attempting to decline commentary on it as much as possible.
Meanwhile, Wu Industries has arranged a meeting with CUMC to completely fund the renovation of a condemned wing of a hospital building. The major negotiation point is the establishment of a small private research lab owned by Wu Industries in the renovated wing focused primarily on the long-term effects of psychotropics.
- Health x5: Coroners have finally collaborated to record the similarities they believe inherent in the deaths of Allison and Christine Darkwater and Joy Kamigawa. They have found the following:
- All three women lost substantial amounts of blood, often more than half their body's volume.
- No blood was ever found at the scene of these crimes, nor were there any exit wounds on the bodies that might account for the blood loss.
- Allison and Joy were both found with strange bruising on their bodies. These markings were absent from Christine. Coroners whisper that such markings bear a startling resemblance to hand prints in some places.
- Allison and Joy apparently both seemed to have died painfully, based on the amount of self-inflicted trauma to their bodies and their general expressions at their time of death. Christine, by all appearances, seems to have died relatively painlessly.
- High Society x1: Actor George Clooney is under fire for his disruptive outburst on a CNN news show in which he allegedly and unexpectedly flashed pictures of deformed Iraqi children to a camera near to him and threw a vehement fit over birth defects that are allegedly being caused by depleted Uranium in the area.
- High Society x2: Sightings of Emanuel James Richardson IV, the millionaire who allegedly had a sexual encounter with Tom Cruise at a charity gala, have been reported in several bars throughout Queens and Staten Island. The paparazzi is going wild, but hasn't been able to pin him down, oddly enough.
Meanwhile, a revival of the Broadway musical Cabaret was been lacking its leading lady for a week, as actress Natalie Hemming, who portrays the lead character Sally Bowles within the musical, has apparently come down with severe laryngitis. Her understudy did a passable job, but the show admittedly lost some of it's appeal. Hemming is, however, reportedly returning to the stage,
- High Society x6: Melvin Gaylord, the horoscopist for the Daily Dirge was apparently missing for a few days of work. When he showed up finally he was covered in bruises, and looking rather "roughed" up.
- Industry x3: Wu Industries has arranged a meeting with CUMC to completely fund the renovation of a condemned wing of a hospital building. The major negotiation point is the establishment of a small private research lab owned by Wu Industries in the renovated wing focused primarily on the long-term effects of psychotropics.
- Legal x2: Tom Cruise still suing Algernon St. Claire, a SATAN writer who has published the story regarding him having a sexual encounter with millionaire Emmanuel James Richardson IV.
- Legal x4: Apparently several of the tenants of the building which houses Daemon's, an increasingly infamous nightclub in Harlem, are suing the owner of the club over negligence that caused significant fire damage to their living area.
- Media x1: A suspected killer known to the masses as the "Street Devil" is generating all manner of tabloid stories, given his macabre and bizarre methods of impaling victims on wooden stakes. The man in question, who was never identified before his death, committed suicide on a wooden stake himself when surrounded by police. He was reported to be over seven feet tall and to have no eyes.
Meanwhile, actor George Clooney is under fire for his disruptive outburst on a CNN news show in which he allegedly and unexpectedly flashed pictures of deformed Iraqi children to a camera near to him and threw a vehement fit over birth defects that are allegedly being caused by depleted Uranium in the area.
- Media x2: Sightings of Lucasta in the meantime have trailed off, leading people to believe that this recent wave of Lucasta sightings was the result of some sort of mass hypnosis or drugging.
- Media x3: There are disturbing rumors that "The Street Devil" killer's body apparently burst into flames prior to autopsy, leaving many to speculate about bizarre supernatural influences coming into play in the case.
Meanwhile, sightings of Emanuel James Richardson IV, the millionaire who allegedly had a sexual encounter with Tom Cruise at a charity gala have been reported in several bars throughout Queens and Staten Island. The paparazzi is going wild, but hasn't been able to pin him down, oddly enough.
- Media x4: Cruise is formally suing Algernon St. Claire, the SATAN writer who's published the story regarding him and a homosexual encounter with Emanuel James Richardson IV.
- Media x5: Melvin Gaylord, the horoscopist for the Daily Dirge was apparently missing for a few days of work. When he showed up finally he was covered in bruises, and looking rather "roughed" up.
- Occult x1: While reports of the enigmatic figure known as Lucasta had previously permeated the city, they seem to be dropping off these days. People had previously reported seeing a figure flying aloft on wings of light leading an army and seeking to exact retribution for their sins, leading to a great deal of panic and confusion throughout the city.
The hot topic of this week instead seems to be "The Street Devil", a mysterious killer who slew his victims by stabbing them through the chest with wooden stakes. He apparently committed suicide by killing himself in the same fashion. This was after he had been surrounded by police.
"The Street Devil" was rumored to be over seven feet tall and to lack eyes.
- Occult x2: The hidden "occult room" found in Columbia library in conjunction with an investigation into the death of grad student Joy Kamigawa is suddenly receiving much more attention. While previously this room had been very much downplayed by the media, increasingly reporters are bringing it up again.
Most people in occult societies, however, still are fairly dismissive of the idea that the room was actually connected to any real occultists.
Apparently there are rumors that the "Street Devil's" body burst into flame the day after his death when the coroner took out the body for examination. This sentiment is fueling paranoia regarding the supernatural in this strange case, as some people -in conjunction with the visitation of Lucasta- believe that the end times are approaching and that the minions of the devil are walking on the earth.
- Occult x3: People are flocking to Ward's Island Hospital for the Criminally Insane to witness the dogwood tree growing outside of the room previously inhabited by the now dead arsonist, Christine Darkwater. It apparently bloomed within the hour of her death and has continued to bloom since, even in the winter.
- Occult x4: The Church of Scientology continues its vendetta against Emanuel James Richardson IV, and are reportedly interested in his financial holdings (looking into them through legal means, of course).
- Occult x5: It is rumored that in prior to the previous wave of en masse "Lucasta attacks," Lucasta had said to his followers "that the time is drawing near, to when they shall rise up as Light-Bringers in their own right. People are predicting that this current lull in Lucasta activity might just be the calm before the storm.
- Police x1: Reports of encounters with the enigmatic vigilante figure Lucasta (who apparently has appeared in the form of a brilliant angel leading an army of followers to smite the wicked) are dying down. Reports were previously pouring in simultaneously from various locations, in patterns that seem to be incongruous with any humanely possible transportation. (i.e. He seems to be in multiple places at once.) Police do not actively believe that Lucasta was causing any physical attacks, but are now looking heavily into the possibility that some sort of active hallucinogen has been leaked into New York's water or air.
In the meantime, an unidentified man committed suicide last week after police surrounded him. The man, who was well over seven feet tall and eyeless, had been reported before by a few witnesses as being responsible for the violent disappearances of several homeless in the city over the past few months. Over the past few weeks however, he had seemingly gone on a rampage, killing people at random and impaling them on long stakes.
The police had caught him in the act of assaulting a decoy in a sting operation they had set up when he apparently pulled out a long length of sharpened wood and impaled himself upon it.
- Police x2: Inquiries continue to be made into the disappearance of homicide detective Bernard Motley, who disappeared from his home on January 5th. There are suspicions that Motley's disappearance is somehow linked to the case of grad student Joy Kamigawa's murder in Columbia Library last December.
Meanwhile, in another bizarre case (and the New York police are rapidly ascertaining that a lot of bizarre things are going on), a Queens apartments has apparently been partially destroyed by an unknown force, presumed to be some sort of explosion. Residents Maria and Alberto Villaflores indicate that their guest, one Ruy de Castro was abducted forcibly from the area by a band of ski-mask wearing men at the time of the explosion.
Meanwhile, in the also pretty-damn-bizarre blind killer suicide case, more strangeness apparently occurred when the individual was sent in for autopsy. Apparently body of the man in question burst into flame when the coroner went to check it the next morning.
- Police x3: Police are still looking into the Joy Kamigawa case (a university student who was murdered last December in Columbia library). Kamigawa was in fact a friend of police detective Bernard Motley and medical experts have been baffled by the autopsy results in the Kamigawa case.
Bernard Motley, in the meantime was pushing HARD for police to track down one Reino Haldor (alias John Matthews), whom he claims to be involved both in Joy Kamigawa's death and in a series of thefts and misuses of power within the department. While several people have been hesitant to take seriously his claims of widespread department corruption, a recent wave of memos making outlandish claims about Motley's disappearance and increasing orders from above to cut ties with him are making several officers uneasy.
Police are also looking into connections between the death of local philanthropist and religious leader Loa and the deaths of several squatters back in September, as Loa's killer apparently had a similar MO to these killings. There are now suspicions amongst the force that Christine Darkwater, who was arrested for the crimes, might, in fact, be innocent or at the very least not the only perpetrator.
- Police x4: Motley had also mentioned CNN businessman Darren West as exerting inappropriate influence over the NYPD, although this claim wasn't taken seriously.
- Police x5: While few people will admit it, there is increasing unease over Darren West's involvement with police, given the recent way that the Motley case has been handled.
- Politics x1: Actor George Clooney is under fire for his disruptive outburst on a CNN news show in which he allegedly and unexpectedly flashed pictures of deformed Iraqi children to a camera near to him and threw a vehement fit over birth defects that are allegedly being caused by depleted Uranium in the area.
- Politics x2: Ted Kennedy's public and biting attack on Republican opposition
and stalling on a new minimum wage bill has prompted some quiet consolidation among the GOP minority. To your contact's knowledge, this consolidation is seen as necessary to a Republican ability to collectively and decisively respond to attacks and allegations by prominent Democrats.
The fallout from certain comments made by George Clooney about permanent genetic damage dealt by the war in Iraq seem to be proving their fears true...
- Street x1: While Lucasta has not made a visible presence in recent weeks the sentiment that Lucasta is some sort of street hero continues to grow. Graffiti increases all over the city heralding in the "Age of the Lightbringer."
Throat Cutter Hernandez in the meantime has called out Lucasta as a coward in light of the recent decline in activity.
In other news, the numerous disappearances of hobos and transients has finally been connected back to a killer now known as "The Street Devil" who was killed in a police raid last week after assaulting a decoy tramp in a sting operation. The man, who was well over seven feet tall and eyeless, apparently pulled out a long length of sharpened wood and impaled himself upon it.
Hobos everywhere are sleeping more soundly now.
- Street x3: Apparently there are rumors that the "Street Devil's" body burst into flame the day after his death when the coroner took out the body for examination. This sentiment is fueling paranoia regarding the supernatural in this strange case, as some people -in conjunction with the visitation of Lucasta- believe that the end times are approaching and that the minions of the devil are walking on the earth.
- Street x4: There's continues to be word all over Brooklyn that NOBODY is to sell any cocaine to a girl matching a certain description (short, bobbed hair, goes by the name of Natalie) or there will be heavy repercussions.
- Underworld x1: Throat Cutter Hernandez continues to stew now that Lucasta reports seem to have died down.
- Underworld x2: Hawk and Sparrow, previously mentioned in conjunction with Thorat Cutter and his Lucasta problem, apparently never agreed to take the deal. Hernandez got to meet with them but they explained that complications in the issue would make dealing with Lucasta an unacceptable risk.
- Underworld x3: Hawk and Sparrow were apparently in town for other reasons. Although they are giving no indication who they were working for it might have something to do with Vyacheslav Ivankov several months back.
There has apparently been mention of a girl they've looking for. Although very little can be found about her.
Sparrow in the meantime allegedly volunteered to pass Throatcutter some into on Lucasta, indicating that he knows more about the "Lightbringer" than would be generally expected.
- Underworld x4: The girl in question is named Alissa Paige (although she probably is going by another assumed name), she apparently is in possession of something rather valuable that one of Hawk and Sparrow's contractors have been looking for. She is probably using an assumed name.
They are willing to kill her to get that something back.
- Underworld x5: A hooker specializing in S&M named Ida Slapter apparently is responsible for Daily Dirge horoscopist Melvin Gaylord getting assaulted in his home last night. Apparently she's a Leo.
She's laying low now, although Gaylord seems reluctant to press charges, giving the humiliating circumstances.
- Underworld x6: There is no "girl" that Hawk and Sparrow are looking for. Sparrow IS the girl. This is they're modus operandi.
"Sparrow" always assumes the guise of somebody in trouble (in this case Alissa Paige). She asks the target for help. The target helps her, and eventually is killed by "Hawk."
- Underworld x7: The real target's name is Omorescu.
- University x2: People are increasingly interested into prying into the hidden "occult room" at Columbia University (found recently in connection to the death of grad student Joy Kamigawa in the same library). Although it has been widely dismissed as either a hoax or something to do with a secret society or fraternity gone amok, there are more and more unsettling rumors regarding it's previous use, and the vast number of people who seem willing to downplay it's significance...
- University x4: Wu Industries has arranged a meeting with CUMC to completely fund the renovation of a condemned wing of a hospital building. The major negotiation point is the establishment of a small private research lab owned by Wu Industries in the renovated wing focused primarily on the long-term effects of psychotropics.
- Go to the Rumors Archive Page