Rumors for January 23, 2004
Sect and Clan
- Church x1: Seems New York's diocese is just doing "okay" as far as conforming with new regulations concerning the child abuse scandals.
- Health x1: A report is being suppressed by the Surgeon General himself that Alzheimer's is linked to Mad Cow Disease, and may even be the same thing.
- Legal x2: In the wake of increasing security concerns, some interesting laws have been passed in the interest of "public safety."
- Legal x4: Perhaps the new curfew is breaking a state law or two.
- Media x1: Psst... I heard that Rush Limbaugh choked on his own hypocrisy in rehab and died.
- Occult x1: Activity of your normal occult contacts has dropped a bit of late.
- Occult x3: Several of your contacts seem legitimately frightened of some being, and its ability to "punish their meddling."
- Police x2: A record number of new recruits are being hired by the NYPD.
- Police x2: ... and Lines are buzzing that the G-Killer may very well be impossible to catch, excepting some sort of divine intervention, or improvement on the part of the police.
- Politics x1: Howard Dean drops in the polls... and he's being bitchy about it.
- Politics x2: Perhaps its time for a Kindred to step in and take some REAL political power.
- Street x2: The gang rivalry in Brooklyn seems to be calming down a good deal.
- Transportation x1: After 10:00 PM, the traffic problem in the city is very much improved.
- Transportation x2: ...probably due to the curfew.
- Transportation x3: And you know that subway security is being improved. Perhaps this is not the best time to use the subway system.
- Underworld x3: Russian syndicates are showing revived interest in Manhattan
- University x1: Record numbers of people are taking the LSATs.
- University x2: ...and law school's will raise tuition, because the market will bear it.
- University x3: But unrest among the future lawyers of America may lead to some problems, and weakness in a law university offers aspiring Kindred a good chance to seize more influence clout.
- Go to the Rumors Archive Page